The Tackle Representative will be responsible for selling Hog Island Baits products to Vermont, New Hampshire and Massachusetts customers. This will require 100% traveling.
This position will report and work closely with the Tackle Manger.
Sales & Tackle Operations
- Create and maintain a weekly schedule of customers to see; Schedule appointments with customers as needed.
- Maintain and development new and existing relationships with customers.
- Meet or exceed sales goals and profit margins.
- Be knowledgeable of inventory levels and find innovative ways to get rid of ‘dead’ inventory.
- Keep knowledge of industry and report back with new items that fit our business model.
- Give feedback to others in company about chronic problems and find solutions to ensure smoother operations.
- Participate in trade shows as necessary.
- Communicate with office on a weekly basis – regarding weekly schedule, inventory levels, account receivables, customer related issues
- Provide timely responses to customers’ calls and requests.
- Enter orders in a timely fashion to ensure orders are received on time.
- High School education.
- 1+ year retail or salesman experience.
- Clean Driver License and reliable vehicle.
- Computer skills (Excel, Word, Quickbooks)
- Strong negotiation skills and persuasive selling skills
- Superior communication, presentation and people skills
- Strong conflict management/composure skills
- Excellent time management, and people management.
- Preferable someone with industry knowledge (willing to train).
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Hog Island Wholesale Bait is looking for a Worm Packer. This is a seasonal, piece work position that starts in the Spring and goes through Labor Day. This is a vital position to help the organization meet the demands of their customers. Retirees are encouraged to apply. Job projected to start the middle of March.
- Package Night Crawlers, Dillies, Trout Worms, Nitro Green Crawlers and other products as needed.
- Keep work station orderly and clean.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Positive Demeanor
- Ability to maintain a consistent, 5 day a week work schedule
- Ability to do basic math skills
- Not afraid to get a little dirty!
Hog Island Wholesale Bait is looking for a dependable full time driver (36-40 hours a week) to run three delivery routes; the routes run Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Typical day are 12-14 hours.
- Obey traffic laws and follow transportation procedures.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, or brakes, to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition. Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
- Present bills and receipts and collect payments for goods delivered or loaded.
- Load and unload trucks.
- Complete daily cash report (turn in receipts and money received from deliveries).
- Ability to drive in all weather conditions.
- Maintain records, such as vehicle logs in accordance with regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining minnows and keeping bait alive.
- Perform other duties as needed
- At least one year experience driving
- Customer service experience
- Experience handling money
- Ability to read maps and follow written or verbal geographic directions.
- Must pass DOT physical
- Experience dealing with minnows preferred
To apply please complete an application or drop off a resume. Application for Employment Hog Island Wholesale Bait is an Equal Opportunity Employer.